Senate Committee on Appropriations
Room S-127 in the U.S. Capitol Building, occupied by the Senate Committee on Appropriations since 1912, was decorated in 1856-1858 with murals by Constantino Brumidi. This room originally housed the Committee on Naval Affairs and is perhaps one of the most magnificent rooms occupied by Congress.
Working closely with the Architect of the Capitol, K2 was commissioned to design an audio system that would enable Senators and staff seated around the historically significant 31 foot conference table to better hear one another speak, yet not impinge upon the art and architecture of the room. The result was a removable custom-designed tabletop “island” containing microphones and loudspeakers.